Men generally don’t bother much about skin care. In fact many of them shy away from skin care thinking that it’s a women’s job. But men too require proper skin care. Skin care for men should not be restricted to just the shaving cream and after shave. There are various skin care products for men.
What is the best skin care for men?
- To find out the best skin care you need to first determine the type of skin you have. Depending on whether you have sensitive, oily, combination or dry skin you can choose your skin care regimen for men.
- Good skin care also includes proper exfoliation of the skin to get rid of the dead skin cells. The exfoliation should be done at least twice a week.
- Choose skin care products that are meant for men and not women.
- Instead of only relying on skin care products for men you can also try altering your lifestyle. Give up smoking and drinks. Ensure that you have a good balanced diet. Drink plenty of water at least 10-12 glasses a day. These skin care methods for men are very easy to follow besides they don’t even cost much.
- Exercise as and when possible to improve blood circulation within the body. Good blood circulation also contributes to proper skin care for men.
If you speak about skin care for men the most important thing to cover is the proper technique of shaving. Whenever you shave you need to use a good shaving cream or gel. Avoid using shaving creams and gels that have mint, camphor or alcohol. They irritate the skin especially if you have sensitive skin. Use a moisturizing shaving cream for a smoother finish.
Skin care for men will also include proper cleansing of the skin. A man tends to sweat more and because of the sweat retention men’s skin is oilier and dirtier. As a part of your men’s skin care regimen you need to see that the skin is properly cleaned with a good cleanser. If this is not done there may be clogging of pores which will ultimately affect the skin in the form of acne. You can use a gentle water based cleanser for skin care. Use a cleanser that is suited to your skin.
- Moisturizer and Toner
Moisturizing and toning is also very important for skin care. Sometimes you may not need to pick up a separate toner for skin care as the after shaves mostly have an inbuilt toner. Especially for skin care for men with oily skin the toner is needed as it will deal with excess oil on the skin and leave it hydrated. Moisturizers are a must even for oily skin care for men. The moisturizer should have an inbuilt sunscreen of the power of SPF 15 or 20. This will protect the skin from sun damage and delay skin aging. This point should be noted especially by men who are looking out for skin care tips for men over 40 or 50.
Organic Skin Care
Organic skin care products have always been a better option when it comes to skin care for men or women. There are various organic skin care products for men that are suited to different skin type. So instead of using the chemical based ones you can use the organic skin care products for men. They are made up of natural products that are not too harsh on the skin. So in the long run you won’t really suffer with the use of these organic skin care products as far as skin damage is concerned.