Pregnancy Skin Care
Motherhood is truly a wonderful experience and all Mums-to-be will tell you how their little one means everything to them. When it comes to your pregnancy skin care, you can’t just go slathering any lotion and creams to deal with pregnancy skin care problems. You need to be careful with pregnancy skin care just the way you bother about what you eat.
So for all you Mums-to-be we suggest that you read this small and easy guide to pregnancy safe skin care. Take proper care and see that you ensure the best for you and your baby.
Why do you need to follow a proper safe skin care regimen during pregnancy?
Skin care during pregnancy takes an important place in your life since pregnancy brings in some small skin problems which can be easily dealt with. Besides, most of these skin care problems disappear after the birth of the child. During pregnancy some women suffer from discoloration of the skin in areas such as the forehead, upper lip and nose due to the hormonal imbalance. There are some women who develop rashes and hives causing itching. Acne that is common to all ages tends to get worse during pregnancy. Psoriasis is another skin care problem that may be observed post pregnancy.
What is the best skin care for pregnancy?
Best skin care during pregnancy will not only include all those products that will give you relief but will be what we can call the safe skin care during pregnancy.
- Skin care conditions such as discoloration of the skin get worse with too much exposure to the sun. So in this case for your pregnancy skin care you can use a good sunscreen that will not cause you any harm.
- For hives and itchy rashes you can use a calamine lotion. Anti histamine drugs are also there but don’t use them without first visiting a doctor.
- If you suffer from psoriasis post pregnancy then your post pregnancy skin care routine will be slightly different. Whichever drugs you take to treat this condition should be used only under doctor’s supervision.
Skin care ingredients to avoid during pregnancy
- Retinoid is a skin care ingredient to be avoided during pregnancy. Oral doses should also be avoided.
- Avoid skin care ingredients such as salicylic acid, AHA’s and so that are used to treat skin problems.
- Some of the natural oils are also not very beneficial during pregnancy so make sure that you find out more about the products that you use.
General tips on pregnancy and skin care
- Proper sleep is a must for pregnancy skin care. Sleep will help you relax and de-stress yourself. It will make your skin glow and look healthy.
- Follow the basic skin care routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing even for your pregnancy skin care. Moisturize the skin often since the skin gets drier. Clean the face well to get rid of dirt that may clog pores increasing your problems of acne and pimples.
- The best, easiest and cheapest pregnancy skin care tip we offer is to drink plenty of water. It will help you deal with your pimples and problems of dry skin during pregnancy.
- If you’re looking out for some natural skin care tips during pregnancy then you can even go for a facial massage.
- Spider veins and varicose veins are another problem many pregnant women have to deal with. For this you can increase your intake of vitamin C.